According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2010, 35.7 percent of adults in the United States were obese, and 34.2 percent were overweight. That means a full 69 percent of U.S. adults weighed more than they should, compromising their health and well-being.
Are you finding it impossible to get out of the rut of
being unhealthy and overweight?
Tired of making excuses and justifications of why you can't seem to get back into healthy fitness and lifestyle choices?
5 Healthy Tips From The Fit Room To Get You Back on Track and Feeling Great!
1. Get off the fad, gimmick, powders, injections and pill diets NOW! When it comes to anything of value in life when something sounds too good to be true it usually is! Stop buying in to these outrageous fitness and diet claims and get real! Yes, you will get some instant results by these tricks but it is NEVER lasting, NEVER long-term and NEVER healthy.
2. Food is not your enemy! Food is essential fuel for your body. Food is the source of the protein, carbs, fat, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and fiber you need to keep our body working properly. The macro - and micro- nutrients found in food facilitate digestion, regulate your blood-sugar and hormone levels, support your immune system, and keep your skin, hair and nails looking healthy. "Good nutrition also gives you the energy and vitality to pursue all your fitness efforts and to ensure that your body responds to them optimally", says nutrition expert Pilar Gerasimo. Fall in LOVE with food again. Chronic dieters have tried to separate themselves from food. Most of us have developed such a negative relationship with food that we have lost all concept of what an amazing relationship it can and should be.
3. Get your metabolism back on track. I highly recommend the NYT bestselling book, The Fast Metabolism Diet, by Haylie Pomroy. One of my clients introduced me to this little gem. It is one of the few "diet" books that I have found to be medically sound and grounded in real science. Haylie has enormous amounts of proven knowledge of how our metabolism works and how biochemical changes triggered by diet can speed it up or slow it down. And by the way, my client that recommended the book has had dramatic results and has maintained those results and feels and looks better than she has in years.
4. Claim the Divinely given body that you inhabit. Buried beneath some bumps, bruises and a few scuffs (and maybe a bit of padding) is an amazing health promoting system that remains intact. Our bodies are brilliant in design and intricately created to work in the most efficient ways. Your body earns for healthy living and wants so very much to return you to your best possible health. Your body is your friend but it is also begging you just as JerryMaguire did....."Help me help you!" And if you do it will be only too happy to get busy repairing years worth of damage.
5. "Clear your mind of can't." Samuel Johnson Kill the excuses and blast the justifications.
Some that I hear often....."I don't have the time. I have kids. My job takes my time and energy. I'm too tired. My family isn't supportive. A personal trainer is too expensive. It's too hard. I'm not good at it. I don't know how. I'm not motivated." YES!!!! You are not motivated! "Motivation is everywhere. It's in the mindset. It's in the people around you doing something amazing, showing what's possible. It's in the idea that moving your body can be fun, joyous, miraculous, and that sitting is killing you. You can have excuses, or you can move. Your choice." -Leo Babauta
Know without a doubt that I believe in you and am here for all of your health and fitness needs. You Can Do This!!! Be STRONG!
Kim is a passionate fitness junkie that is certified in Personal Training, Pilates & Yoga. She thrives on introducing you to your healthy, fit, joyful and amazing self through fitness, life and nutritional counseling.